Now that you've had time to work on the custom taxonomies…challenge, let me show you how I would solve this problem.…Just like with the custom post types challenge, the solution here lies…in using the same function and the same code that we've used previously.…And just changing it to display our new custom taxonomy.…We already have two different custom taxonomies registered.…The first one, type of product service is a hierarchical taxonomy.…The second one, moods, is a non-hierarchical taxonomy.…
And the new custom taxonomy you want to create is a hierarchical taxonomy.…Meaning I can simply go in here and grab…the existing code for the hierarchical taxonomy we already have.…Copy it.…Add some new lines.…Paste in the code.…And then I need to change the comments and…the labels and the name of the taxonomy itself.…And here it's very important that you change all of your labels.…The slug and also the name of the taxonomy itself…so that you don't get a conflict within Wordpress itself.…So I actually like to start with the name of the taxonomies.…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
Q: This course was updated on 06/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the Custom Post Type UI plugin; creating custom taxonomies; exporting and importing custom post types, taxonomies, and settings; and making custom post types and custom taxonomies available from the REST API.
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
8. Tying Custom Post Types and Taxonomies to a theme
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.