Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Create a custom post type for reviews, part of WordPress: Custom Post Types and Taxonomies.
…Now that you've had time to work with the challenge, let me show…how I would solve it and create a new post type for reviews.…The key to the solution is what I said when we first created a new post type.…That this function here, my custom post types, can be…used to create several different post types at the same time.…So all I need to do to create a new post type within…the same function is to copy the existing post type in its entirety.…All the way down here and then paste in what I just copied out, and here…I'm going to add some extra comments so that…I know what each of these post types are.…
I'll say this is the testimonials post type.…Then I'll scroll down, until I find the next one here that I just copied in, and…I'll say reviews post type, and then I…need to first change all of my labels here.…So, I'll change them all, so that they match the name of the new post types.…Here it's singular, and plural.…And now I have all of my labels and then I have to change the arguments as well.…
So here, most of the arguments are the what…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
Creating a basic plugin3m 21s
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.