Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution 1, part of WordPress Themes: Customizing Themes with Genesis.
- [Instructor] My challenge to you was to find all…of the hooks located within the Genesis Standard Loop,…and I hinted that you would use the framework files…themselves to find the answer.…So, let's go to the lib folder,…structure, and this loops.php,…that we've spent some time in so far.…So the first thing I want to do is…find the Genesis Standard Loop function,…and here it is on line 67, and let's go through and count.…So, basically, we're looking for every instance…of do action.…So, we've got do action genesis before while on 77.…
Genesis before entry on 80.…Genesis entry header on 87.…Genesis before entry content on 89.…Genesis entry content on 92.…Genesis entry content on 95.…Genesis entry footer on line 97,…and then we've got a few more down here.…Genesis after entry on 104.…Genesis after end while on 107,…and bonus points if you identified this little guy…down here.…Technically, that's what fires if there's no post.…
So, if there is a post, while we have the post,…we're looping through doing all these things,…
- Setting the stage for your customization
- Selecting a child theme to customize
- The core of the Genesis framework
- Child theme template structure
- Action hooks and filters in WordPress and Genesis
- Editing theme files
- Editing the style sheet
- Working with functions
- Adding a custom header image
- Registering a widget area
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Stage for Your Customization
2. Explaining Genesis and WordPress
3. Editing Theme Files
4. Working with the Loop
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.