Use a filter on the title string generated by WordPress to remove the "Private" prefix on private tasks.
- [Instructor] Quick side-bar.…You will have noticed that each of the titles…for each of my tasks here has the word Private:…appended to the front of them,…and if we look at the output from the REST API,…you'll see that that Private:…is sitting right in the data objects.…If we go down here and find the title,…and then the rendered, it says Private: Another task.…Now, this private thing is not…something I've added in to the title.…This is something WordPress is doing automatically…to tell us this is a private post.…Which, under normal circumstances makes sense,…but in our circumstance where we're only going to create…private posts, it actually works counter to its intent…because if a user comes in and sees this,…they're likely to think, "Wait, so this post is private?…"Does that mean there are posts that are not private?"…That is the user experience,…and a conversation you don't need to serve up.…
- Planning the application
- Extending WordPress with a plugin
- Setting up the standalone application
- Configuring OAuth 2 in WordPress
- Building the task list view
- Building the new task view
- Creating a new task via the REST API
- Displaying conditional content
- Visualizing data using Graph.js
Skill Level Advanced
1. Plan the Application
2. Extend WordPress with a Plugin
3. Set Up the Standalone Application
Review of user flow2m 34s
4. Build the Task List View
5. Build the New Task View
6. Build the Update/View Task View
7. Bonus Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.