Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up invitation codes, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- An easy way to moderate who can register on your website…is by adding an invitation code.…That way, only users with an invitation code…will be able to fill out the registration form,…and there by create a new account.…Right now, my registration form is a standard one,…and it asks for a Username, E-mail,…Password, and Password Confirmation.…I need to add an additional field underneath here,…that test for a specific invitation code.…Pie Register allows us to add invitation codes,…and it's done in two steps.…
First, you go to Pie Register and Invitation Codes,…and not surprisingly, this is where you can create…new invitation codes.…I'm going to start off by enabling invitation codes,…and then under Insert Code,…I can add one code per line.…Here, you can choose to either have one invitation code…for all the guest for your wedding,…or you can add multiple invitation codes,…so you send customized ones to each of your guest.…I'm just going to add in one.…ImGoingToaWedding.…
I made that my invitation code.…Then, I can package that either in my invitations…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.