Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up WordPress for ecommerce, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] We're going to create our store…with a pretty much bare-bones WordPress site.…You can follow along with your own Wordpress site.…We'll be using the 2017 theme for right now.…There's a few things that we should do…before we install Easy Digital Downloads.…I've already created and filled out the content…for an about page and a contact page.…If you don't already have these pages,…go ahead and pause this video and create some blank pages.…
Don't worry about having a contact form on your contact page…you can just leave an e-mail address for right now.…The about page is you telling your story to your customer,…and the contact page is a page…where people can reach out to us.…If you need a refresher from creating pages,…or installing themes, all of that is covered…in the WordPress Essential Training course.…There is one thing I will show you that is a bit of a trick.…If you notice, comments are enabled…on the about page and contact page.…Comments normally show up down here,…but in this particular theme they don't actually show up.…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.