Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up PayPal payments, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] Since you're selling digital products…I definitely recommend setting up PayPal.…Lots of technical people use their PayPal account…as fun money.…To spend on whatever they want.…That means it's easier to get people to pay…with their PayPal accounts than a traditional credit…card.…I've heard from some store owners of digital products…that PayPal makes up 50% of their transactions…and they don't want to test going without PayPal…because they could lose a lot of revenue.…There are some downsides to PayPal.…Like they tend to favor the consumer.…So they make it really easy to get a refund through…PayPal, which penalizes the store owner.…
So if you do get a lot of refunds then you may…want to reconsider but that is something to figure…out down the line.…I definitely recommend every store owner give it a try…to start.…Let's go to our admin to set this up.…We'll go to downloads.…Settings.…Payment gateways and then we'll turn on PayPal Standard,…and now let's go to PayPal Standard to configure it.…What's so great about PayPal is that so many people…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.