Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Sending automated updates to customers, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Narrator] Creating a custom order status…is really good for your company's workflow.…But you still need to let customers know about your process.…You probably want to email them…and tell them that your in your build phase,…and that they can expect another email…a week from now and their items to ship, shortly after.…Let's code that.…We can programmatically send the customers an email…when their order moves into a specific phase.…We'll go to the code, in our building status plugin.…We'll scroll down to line 23, add new line,…and there's a handy action called…'woocommerce_order_status_changed'…and then we can run one of our own things, after that.…
We'll say, array, is in this object,…and we're going to call it 'building_status_message'.…Now normally, we're totally fine…with the default priority of 10,…but in this case, we really don't want someone…jumping in here before us,…and we especially don't want the page to redirect…before we get to execute our code.…So we're going to set the priority to one…and we also need to send through three parameters.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.