Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Securing your site and managing spam, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- By watching this course, you have learned…how to make an advanced community site…using WordPress, a theme, and a series of plug-ins.…Now that you've done all this work,…you want to make sure your site…is nice and secure, both for yourself,…your organization, and all your members.…Now if you go online or read newspapers…or do anything else, I am sure…you've encountered stories about how…WordPress has been compromised…and WordPress is insecure and you should…not use WordPress because it's super dangerous.…I am here to tell you that this is simply not true.…The reason why you hear about WordPress…being attacked is simply because WordPress…has become like Windows, WordPress is the most prevalent…publishing application on the Web today,…it powers over 25% of the top one million sites on the Web,…and it's the most popular tool to use…to publish content on the Web.…
Because it's so popular, it's also…a popular target for hackers, but you as a siteowner…can take some very simple steps to protect yourself,…your organization, and your members…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.