Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Securing your site and managing spam, part of WordPress DIY: Freelance/Independent Website.
- View Offline
- Now that your site is live,…being indexed by search engines, being shared by visitors,…and you are pushing the URL out…to everyone you want to visit your site,…your site will slowly gain popularity.…The great thing about using WordPress to build your site…is that the application itself is built in such a way…that it is easily shared across social media networks…and on search engines.…The challenge with having a popular site, though,…is that the more popular your site gets,…the more people will want to add nefarious content…to your site and also take over control of your site.…
Now, that sounds really big and scary, but it's not.…The reality is, when you have something on the web,…bad things are likely to happen to it.…The good thing is WordPress is very easy to secure,…and if something does go wrong, it's easy to fix.…So before we wrap up, I want to impart…to you some information about how to secure your site…on a very basic level.…We're gonna look at two things here.…The first one is preventing people from logging…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Establishing the goals for the site
- Making a content inventory
- Adding custom menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Customizing the front page
- Setting up a contact form and social media buttons
- Controlling SEO and social sharing text
- Securing your site and managing spam