Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Securing your site and managing spam, part of WordPress DIY: Small Business Website.
- View Offline
- Now that your small business website…is findable on search engines,…and shareable on social media,…it's a good idea to add in a couple of extra…security layers inside Word Press.…That because even though Word Press is about as secure…as you can get when it comes to quantum management systems,…there are still vectors that people can use…to get into your site and do nefarious things.…The good news is, by adding two simple plugins,…you'll be able to secure the site from the most common…vectors that people use to gain access to your site…and also use your site to spread links to bad things.…
So what we're gonna do now is add those two plugins.…The first protects your site from common spam,…one of the most common and prevalent…things that you'll find on the web.…Anytime you set up a set, you get tons of common spam…advertising all sorts of things you don't want…advertised on your site.…And the second plugin prevents people from using…brute force attacks to gain access…to the back end of your site.…If you go to your currently installed plugins on your site,…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Establishing the goals for the site
- Making a content inventory
- Adding a custom menu
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Customizing the front page
- Adding promotions
- Setting up a contact form, calendar, and social media buttons
- Securing your site and managing spam