Join Jeff Starr for an in-depth discussion in this video Secure your login page, part of WordPress: Developing Secure Sites .
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] In this video, we want to prevent…unwanted access to the WordPress admin area…by locking down the login page,…which essentially is the doorway to your entire site.…So it's important to keep it as secure as possible.…As you can see, the login page is easy to find…on any WordPress site.…And by default, there is no limit to how many times…someone can try to guess your password…and gain access to everything.…To fix this, we want to limit the number of times…a visitor can attempt to log in.…The easiest way to do this is with a plugin.…
And currently, one of the best…is Cerber Limit Login Attempts.…The Cerber plugin is freely available here…in the WordPress Plugin Directory.…Let's check out the highlights.…As explained here,…Cerber protects against brute force attacks,…and it provides tools to control user activity.…Cerber brings lots of great features,…and it's compatible with the latest version of WordPress.…It's recently updated,…has lots of active installs,…and it has excellent ratings.…
And the screen shots look good, so yeah.…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.