Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video SEO factors outside of WordPress, part of WordPress Plugins: SEO.
- [Instructor] We're mostly going to focus…on the technical aspects of SEO within wordpress.…But there are some technical factors outside of wordpress…and to really optimize your site…you want to make sure that everything is accounted for.…The first factor is speed.…Search engines with penalize you…based on your website speed.…They know that it's a poor user experience.…The slower your website,…the more people will become frustrated and leave.…If your website takes longer than three seconds…you could lose 25% of your traffic.…
People don't like slow websites,…so search engines will tend to show faster websites.…There are a few things you can do here,…the first to get good hosting for your website.…If you have budget hosting,…something that's $5 to $10 a month…you might be running on slow servers…and no matter how much you optimize other parts of your site…you'll always have a slower site.…So make sure that you aren't using budget hosting.…Another factor is security.…Search engines are now giving boosts to sites…
- Considering keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Preventing confusion with tags and categories
- Installing and activating Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. SEO All in One Pack
3. Yoast SEO
4. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.