In this video, learn what SEO improvements you can make outside of your site.
- [Instructor] We're mostly going to focus … on the technical aspects of SEO within WordPress, … but there are some technical aspects outside of WordPress, … and to really optimize your site, … you want to make sure that everything is accounted for. … The first factor is speed. … Search engines might penalize you … based on your website's speed, … because they know that it is a poor user experience. … The slower your website, … the more people will become frustrated and leave. … If your website takes longer than three seconds, … you'll likely lose 25% of your traffic. … People don't like slow websites, … so search engines will tend to show faster websites. … There are a few things you can do here. … The first is to get good hosting for your website. … If you have budget hosting that's five to $10 a month, … you might be running on a slow server, … and no matter how you optimize other parts of your website, … you'll always have a slow site. … So, make sure that you aren't using budget hosting. …
- Keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Installing Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 34m Intermediate
1. SEO Principles
2. All in One SEO Pack
3. WordPress SEO by Yoast
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast Settings
5. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.