Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Roundup of plugins for this course, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- View Offline
- All the plugins we need to extend the site to fit with our…goals and requirements can be found for free…in the WordPress Plugin Directory…and installed directly from within WordPress Admin.…In this chapter we'll look at each of the plugins in turn,…how to install and configure them,…and how to use them on the site.…From the top, we'll install bbPress…which is a forum plugin for WordPress…that allows us to add a forum into our WordPress site.…This forum will work just like any other forum…you see on the web.…You add several different forums…and then people can add posts under each of the forums,…interact with the posts by commenting,…or uploading images, or doing other things,…and this forum will be used to allow…the members of the community to interact…with each other in a safe environment.…
The smart thing about adding a forum to a community site is,…it gives all the members their own place…to talk to each other,…where they can post things like,…items for sale or events that they want to go to,…or just have discussions about things.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.