Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Roundup of plugins for this course, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- Our theme is now fully customized.…The next step is to extend the features of Wordpress…to add more functionality.…Now this is normally where I rattle off…a long list of plugins that we're going to install,…that we're going to each of them in a movie…and customize them, and this chapter becomes…fairly extensive because there's a lot of things…you can do with Wordpress.…The cool thing is, this particular theme that we've chosen,…does almost all the things we need, out of the box.…So this is going to be a really short chapter.…The first thing to look at is Jetpack,…because we already have Jetpack installed,…and Jetpack does a lot more than merely…add new types of content to our site.…
If you go an check out jetpack.me…and scroll down, you'll see there are tons of features…within this plugin.…And we can choose to activate whatever features…we want for the site,…and since we already have the plugin installed,…we might as well take advantage…of some of the functionality it comes with.…In particular, we're going to take a look…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.