Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Roundup of plugins for this course, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- At the very beginning of the course,…we defined the goals for our website…and we also created a set of requirements.…And looking at this list,…we see that some of these have already been met.…Our site has all of the wedding details…because that's just general content that we added.…And we also added the guestbook feature…by using the commenting feature in WordPress…in a clever way.…We also have photo galleries on the site.…However, the photo galleries we have right now…look pretty boring,…because the photo galleries that WordPress displays…out of the box are quite dull.…
It's just a grid pattern, and it's not very interesting.…So we need to do something about that.…But then we have these two last pieces,…protected guest info and and protected RSVP.…And now I want to dive into this a little further,…to explain exactly what I'm thinking.…If anyone visited the site right now,…they'd be able to go the Guest Info section…where they would get all the information about the wedding,…and they'd also be able to go to the RSPV page…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.