The Reusable block allows you to mark any block in a post or page as reusable meaning it can be re-used on any other post or page. This makes repeating content and keeping it consistent possible. Making a reusable block means marking it as reusable in the
- The Block editor has one particular feature…which warrants an entire chapter in this course,…the ability to turn any block into a reusable block.…Let me explain.…Say you create a post and within that post,…you have a paragraph or a quote or a button…or something else which you'll probably use again…on a different post or a page.…In the old days, you create the content…and then once you needed to use it again,…you'd go and find the original post,…copy out the content…and paste into the new post or page…which was both cumbersome and likely to cause errors…not to mention that updating the content…across all locations where it was added…would be a really difficult task.…
The reusable block feature does away with all of this…and adds a whole new way of thinking…about content in WordPress.…Here's a simple example to show you what I mean.…Let's say you want to add a monthly podcast pick link…at the bottom of every blog post you've written.…The idea is whenever someone comes to your posts,…at the bottom you have a link to your podcast pick…
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.