Sometimes we need to restrict access to specific pages on a WordPress site, while for other sites you may need to restrict access to the entire site. Learn what plugin to install and how to configure it.
- [Voiceover] A great advantage of using an LMS…for your core site is that everything on your site…is essentially contained within a walled garden.…Non-members of your class are automatically excluded.…When you're teaching on the open web…with sites such as WordPress,…it's solely your responsibility to ensure…that you have permission to post…all the content that's contained in your site.…It's especially important to keep…all of the business of your course…such as student grades private.…In WordPress in the Classroom,…we look at how to link to your…campus learning management system…to leverage its privacy settings…specifically for this purpose,…and I strongly suggest that you use your LMS…for all private information, especially grades.…
However, you may find it necessary…to restrict other content on your site…to just members of your course.…If you only need to restrict selected posts or pages,…then you could go to the post or page…and in the publish settings,…under visibility, select private.…If you've created accounts for your students,…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.