Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Restricting content access based on membership levels, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- Alright, after installing the membership's plugin…and setting up the membership levels…and also managing the membership menu,…we're now ready to do what we want to do…with this membership plugin and that is…restrict access to content unless you are a member.…If I go to the backend of my site,…there's actually two different places…I can make these restrictions happen.…The first one is under WP Membership…and Membership Levels.…We've already been here once before…when we created the membership levels…and you probably noticed that there were…two additional tabs here.…
So if you go and look at these in turn,…you'll see that one is called Manage Content Production,…which probably should have been called…Manage Content Protection.…It tells you how to protect individual pieces of content.…Basically, what happens is when you create a Post…or a Page, so I'll go and open a page, in a separate tab,…so I'll open this Submit an Event Listing page,…that we want to protect so only…members can access that page.…You can scroll to the bottom of that page…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.