Join Jeff Starr for an in-depth discussion in this video Remove version numbers, part of WordPress: Developing Secure Sites .
This information seems harmless,…but it may enable attackers to target security holes…in specific versions of WordPress.…Sure, there are other ways of…getting your version information,…but why make it easy?…In this video, we'll see how to better protect your site…by preventing from WordPress advertising its version number.…Let's peek behind the scenes at the HTML…that is generated for our demo site's home page.…Notice here in the head section,…WordPress is broadcasting its version number.…
We can also see it in the source code…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.