Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Regenerating featured images, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- If you use featured images in your WordPress site,…the first thing you have to do…after installing and activating a new theme…is regenerating all the featured images…and all the thumbnails.…You see, when you upload an image to WordPress,…either within a post…or as a featured image…or in some other way,…WordPress will take the original image…and then scale it to different sizes,…depending on the settings in WordPress…and also the settings for the theme.…That way, if the theme author…has decided that there's gonna be featured images,…the theme author can specify exactly what size…and what crop ratio those images should have…to display properly.…
Now, when you install a new theme,…you rely on the images that were generated…from the previous theme.…So since I uploaded all my images while using 2015,…all of my images have been scaled and cropped…to fit 2015.…But now I'm using Radcliffe,…and that means I need to regenerate…all of these featured images and all the thumbnails…to fit with the current theme.…I can do all this using a simple plugin.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
<div> <div>Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?</div> </div>
A: Visit <a href="http://pieregister.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://pieregister.com/</a> and follow the download and installation instructions.
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.