While Restrict Content Pro does not provide member downloads, it integrates well with the Download Monitor plugin. In this online video tutorial you'll learn to link the two together to provide member-only downloads for your paid membership site.
- [Voiceover] A common feature you often see…in paid membership sites that's not directly available…from the Restrict Content Pro plugin…are members only downloads.…This could be documents, or files, or software,…or something else you want to provide to members only…and you want to upload them into your site.…The challenge is WordPress doesn't really restrict access…to downloads on any page or post…even if that page or post is restricted for access.…That means if you go to a page like the Welcome page…and you go to Edit the Page and you use the Add Media button…to add a document in and anyone who gains access to the URL…to that download will be able to download that file…even if they don't have membership access.…
That means any one of your members…can simply grab the URL to the file…and share it with all their friends…and they'll all be able to download that file…without you even knowing that's happening.…To manage downloads and make them members only…we need to use a separate plugin…and here Restrict Content Pro has a free add-on…
Choose the solution you think will work for you and watch that chapter, or watch the entire course before making a decision.
- What is a paid membership site?
- Installing plugins
- Configuring membership management pages
- Adding payment options
- Configuring access
- Creating discount codes
- Receiving recurring payments
- Setting up drip content
- Managing members
Skill Level Intermediate
Finance Essentials for Small Businesswith Jim Stice54m 33s Appropriate for all
1. What Is Paid Membership?
2. Building a Paid Membership Site with Restrict Content Pro
3. Building a Paid Membership Site with iThemes Exchange Membership
Thank you1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.