Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Product variations, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] We've configured a lot of settings…for regular products, but there's a lot more we can do.…We can let people choose the option that's best for them…and EDD calls this variable pricing.…Let's create a new download…and we'll give it a title and a description, as normal.…But instead of giving this a flat price,…you want to give the user a couple different options.…Let's say we're selling the Build Your Own Drone…ebook for $18…and the ebook with a blueprint for 25…and an ebook with a regular blueprint…and the advanced blueprint for $50.…
We can do this quite easily in EDD.…Let's scroll down and we're going to click…Enable Variable Pricing.…Now we'll give each one a name.…I'll call mine the ebook for 18.…Number two is going to be ebook plus the blueprint…and the third one is going to be…the ebook plus the blueprint…plus the advanced blueprint.…
And this one's going to be 25…and this one is going to be 50.…Now we need to set the downloadable files for each one.…So, we'll scroll down…and let's add the ebook first…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.