- [Instructor] Privacy and personal data ownership…have become essential elements of web publishing.…New legislation,…like the General Data Protection Regulation,…or GDPR, in the European Union,…have put responsibility of handling…the data of visitors and users…squarely in the hands of individual site owners.…That means you.…In other words, by having a site on the web…and allowing people to interact with that site,…you are taking on a legal responsibility…to handle the data submitted to that site by users…according to international law.…
Even though you may not live in the EU,…if at any point someone from the EU…interacts with your site,…the GDPR applies to your content.…Any time someone visits your site…and interacts with it in some way,…either by logging in or by leaving a comment…or doing something else,…WordPress will leave a cookie, a small piece of data,…in their browser to remember their interaction.…It may also say their name, their email address,…or any other information that is submitted.…
The cookie that's submitted to their browser…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.