Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Print an admin notice, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Narrator] We're going to continue building…where we left off, except now we want to print…a nice notice in the admin.…It should have a color, a border,…and it should be well placed within the admin instead of…just being injected into the html.…This is where it helps to really know the Wordpress world.…There's thousands of hooks and you've kind of…have to explore the documentation, other plugins…and Wordpress itself to find the right hook.…In this case there's a function that does exactly…what we want called, Admin Notices.…So go back to my code,…and I'll start by writing my comment.…
Go back down here.…I'll tab in.…Print an admin notice to the screen.…And I'll actually write this code on line 22.…So I'll add an action and an action is basically saying,…hey Wordpress add a specific point…I want you to run this code, add action.…And a specific point is called admin notices.…I could run at a different point but that function…definition tells me to run it at this point.…
And at this point I want you to run,…a method located inside this object…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.