Adding fields to the WordPress admin area is only one part of the equation. You also need a way to display your fields. In this video, learn how to export several ways to do that, including shortcodes, theme templates, and page builders like Elementor and Beaver Builder.
- [Instructor] Advanced Custom Fields offers us … a fantastic avenue for creating additional fields … for our post pages and custom post types. … It does this through a graphical user interface … from within the WordPress dashboard … that would take a very long time … for us to code on our own. … This allows us to easily extend our content … and add new types of data to our WordPress sites … without needing to code anything. … But that's only half of the equation. … The other half of the equation is the ability … to display this content to the visitors. … This is not something that's included in ACF … and does require some code. … Before we get into exactly how to do this, … we should explore why we need to … and other available tools that could help reduce … the amount of code we need to write. … The clearest reason for needing to code our own templates … for the newly created fields is that ACF is a plugin … that doesn't know anything about our theme. … It also doesn't know how we want to display the data. …
- What are custom fields?
- Creating field groups
- Adding content to fields
- Displaying fields on a child theme
- Creating and displaying repeater fields
- Creating a submission form
- Creating a Gutenberg block with PHP only
- Writing rules for field display
- Organizing fields
- Exporting field groups
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started with ACF
2. Creating Field Groups with ACF
Field types overview3m 48s
3. Displaying Your Fields
4. Working with Data in ACF
5. Creating a Gutenberg Block
6. Cleaning Up the Admin
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.