Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Prevent confusion with tags and categories, part of WordPress Plugins: SEO.
- [Instructor] Part of your SEO strategy…will likely be writing content,…and content in WordPress can be grouped…by tags and categories, and these groupings…can be browsed by Google.…One of the mistakes I often see…is when people try to rank for everything,…and they just confuse search engines…by competing with themselves.…On this post for example,…if we scroll down, you'll see that there is a category…called recipes and a tag called recipe.…Google won't know which one to send users to,…so you'll get some users on one page…and some on another.…
Your stats won't look impressive…since your users are being divided…into two different groups,…and it will be twice as much work…to optimize your landing pages.…Make this easy for Google and yourself…and don't have any crossover between categories and tags.…In this case, recipes as a category makes sense to me,…so I'd keep this category and remove this tag.…
- Considering keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Preventing confusion with tags and categories
- Installing and activating Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. SEO All in One Pack
3. Yoast SEO
4. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.