Learn how to prepare a fresh install of WordPress for conversion to a Multisite network. Then learn how to enable the hidden Multisite features by writing a couple of lines of code.
- [Voiceover] If you don't have access to Installatron,…then you may need to manually enable WordPress multisite.…Over the next couple of movies,…we'll step through this process together…using the base student site install…that we created in an earlier movie.…To do this, we're going to have to roll up our sleeves…and make some minor code changes to our site.…But don't worry.…I'll walk you through each step of the process…and we'll get your multisite up and running together…in no time.…Okay, let's prepare your new site.…Before manually enabling multisite…on any fresh install of WordPress,…make sure that all plugins are disabled.…
From your WordPress admin screen,…go to plugins and make sure…that all plugins are deactivated.…Your list of plugins may be different from mine…depending on how you installed WordPress.…Next, we need to edit the WP-config.php file…with a text editor.…If you're following along with me on a stateu.org site,…let's go back to our dashboard page…and open the file manager application…which lives in the file section of your C panel.…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.