Plugins are small tools and applications literally plugged into WordPress to extend its functionality. They are available from the WordPress plugin directory and various other sources on the web.
- [Instructor] Out of the box WordPress…has extensive functionality allowing you…to publish content in various formats on the web.…That said, WordPress is a bare-bones…content management system, or CMS.…To enhance or expand the functionality of WordPress,…we use plugins, small applications that quite literally…plug into WordPress and change its features.…The great thing about plugins is…they are plug-and-play by design.…Simply install and activate a plugin,…and its functionality kicks in automatically.…Don't need that feature anymore?…Deactivate and uninstall the plugin,…and it's as if it was never there to begin with.…
Plugins can do everything from enhancing existing…functionality to adding all new functionality…and even turn WordPress into more than…just a content management system.…Let me give you a couple of examples.…While WordPress is relatively secure,…it's a good idea to add an extra level of security.…A plugin like Loginizer Security…protects your site against brute force attacks,…when someone tries to login many times…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.