Further develop your plugin by internationalizing it for translations. Building plugins that support localization is considered best practice and allows your plugin to be used by many more users, from just about anywhere in the world.
- [Voiceover] Internationalizing your plugin…means that it will be ready for users to translate…into their own language.…Translating, or localizing plugins…is an excellent way to get more users…and diversify your development skills.…In this video,…we continue building our plugin…by making sure it's ready for localization…into other languages.…The same basic steps covered in this video…can be used to internationalize any WordPress plugin.…There are many ways to approach internationalization.…The topic is deep and wide,…with lots of nuances, variables, tools, and techniques.…
Here are the general steps to internationalize…any WordPress plugin.…Let's start with phase one.…While building our plugin in the previous videos,…we've already done all steps for phase one.…Here is step one, the languages folder.…Here is step two, the matching slug name…for the plugin folder ...…And main file.…And, for step three,…our file header includes both text domain and domain path.…They're included here in the main plugin file…and in the readme.txt file.…
- WordPress APIs
- Action and filter hooks
- Activating and deactivating plugins
- Plugin security
- Creating the directory and files
- Adding menus and the settings page
- Inserting custom functionality
- Testing and debugging WordPress plugins
- Creating widgets
- Managing users and roles
- Adding custom post types and taxonomies
- Working with custom fields and database queries
- Using APIs: Transients, HTTP, and REST
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 38m Intermediate
1. First Steps
2. Plugin Basics
3. Building a WordPress Plugin
4. Essential Plugin Techniques
5. Extending Plugin Functionality
6. Advanced Plugin Techniques
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.