Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview and basic setup, part of WordPress Plugins: SEO.
- [Instructor] We've installed the plugin…and imported a few settings.…Let's click on Yoast in the menu…to get to the Dashboard here,…and we'll be taken to a screen…that shows us our errors and Notifications.…If your site isn't indexable by Google…you'll see a big error here.…Make sure to take care of that before you launch.…And then down here we'll see the Notifications.…One of these is prompting us to configure the plugin.…We could configure each setting manually,…but the configuration wizard…has a very useful step-by-step approach.…Let's go through that wizard.…
The first step is asking us to sign up for their newsletter.…I tend to sign up for newsletters…and then unsubscribe after one or two emails…if they're not fantastic.…So let's go ahead and give this one a shot.…And then we can go to the next step.…The next step is about the Environment,…how are you developing the site?…Is this a Production site, which is a live site,…is this Staging, or is this Development,…meaning running on your own machine?…For this site let's say Staging.…
- Considering keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Preventing confusion with tags and categories
- Installing and activating Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. SEO All in One Pack
3. Yoast SEO
4. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.