Other image blocks available include the cover block, which places configurable text on top of the image, and the gallery block, which enables the creation of image galleries.
- [Instructor] In addition to the regular image block, … we have two other image based blocks … I want to draw your attention to. … The first one is called cover … and we've looked at it a little bit previously … on the course, … but it's worth taking a more detailed look now. … I already have an image block in my post, … so I'm going to change this into a cover block … using the standard method. … I select the image block, go to change block type … and change it to cover. … Now this cover block adds the image as a background … then adds a colored foreground on top of the image … with transparency and allows us to type in some text … on top of that image. … That means we can use this block … to add images and text in different ways … and even create interactive text … with live links and other types of content … and we can use it as a separator within articles. … That's what I want to do here. … First off, scrolling down, … we have this heading, interactive elements down here. … So, the first thing I'll do is grab my image block …
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block deep dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.