Even if you clean up the post edit screen as much as possible, you might have a large number of fields in the field group. This can get unwieldy and provide for poor user experience. ACF includes some advanced UI elements to help you organize complicated field groups, making it easier to group related fields and help users focus better.
- Another way ACF allows us to display and organize fields, … is through their layout fields. … We've already seen one in action … with the repeater field. … But let's look at a couple more. … On our Profile Info field group, let's create a new field. … If we go to the field type, we'll see a number … of layout field groups. … There are two in particular that I want to point out here. … One is the accordion and one is the tab. … Both of these allow us to group the fields … we've already created to make viewing … and organizing them a bit easier. … For this video, we'll select the tab field. … We're going to create two tabs for our fields. … One is going to be basic info and one is going to be … just for the resume. … So we'll name this tab Basic Info … and then we will close it. … Then we'll create a second tab called Resume Info. … And we'll make that a tab, as well. … Let's go ahead and close that one. … With our tabs created, let's go ahead and drag … our previously created fields under each …
- What are custom fields?
- Creating field groups
- Adding content to fields
- Displaying fields on a child theme
- Creating and displaying repeater fields
- Creating a submission form
- Creating a Gutenberg block with PHP only
- Writing rules for field display
- Organizing fields
- Exporting field groups
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started with ACF
2. Creating Field Groups with ACF
Field types overview3m 48s
3. Displaying Your Fields
4. Working with Data in ACF
5. Creating a Gutenberg Block
6. Cleaning Up the Admin
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.