Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Offering pre-sales to validate your product, part of WordPress Ecommerce.
- There's a big difference between people…saying they'll buy your product and people…actually spending their hard-earned money.…Often, you will talk to ten people who are excited…about your product, to have only one of them follow through.…If you're creating an online store…this can be a big problem.…You're investing your time and money into this venture…and of course you want to know if it'll work out.…A great way to get your toes wet…before you develop an entire product line…is to try selling just one product.…If you can get enough orders,…then you know you're on the right track…and you can develop the rest of the line.…
To get started, you could facilitate a discussion…on a forum related to your product,…or you can hold an in-person testing session,…or even post something on your own blog.…The idea is to get your product in front…of the people you want to sell to in order…to judge the need for that product.…Recently, crowdfunding websites like Kickstarter…have given creators a new avenue for testing the waters.…
To start, you need to understand the market for your product or service so you can build your website around it. So Patrick Rauland kicks off with some key questions that will help you define your audience and organize your products. He'll then help you set up a payment gateway with PayPal or Stripe, ship orders, collect taxes, and secure sensitive data. And if you weren't convinced already, Patrick reviews the benefits of WordPress ecommerce tools as well as a selection of third-party tools that integrate beautifully with WordPress. Plus, get bonus tips on marketing your new website: attracting and retaining customers and increasing the value of the average order.
- Defining your audience
- Organizing your products
- Marketing your WordPress site
- Increasing average order value
- Getting paid
- Checking out with PayPal or Stripe
- Managing and shipping orders
- Collecting tax
- Protecting sensitive data
- Using WordPress or third-party platforms for ecommerce