In this video, learn how to develop WordPress plugins using the WordPress API. Plugins extend WordPress to have additional functionality. Additionally, WordPress provides some powerful APIs to help make it a reality.
- [Jeff] In this video course,…we've seen how to develop WordPress plugins…using the WordPress API.…Plugins extend WordPress…to do almost anything we can imagine,…and WordPress provides some powerful APIs…to help make it a reality.…Of course, understanding code and building plugins…are just part of the craft.…It's also important to share and use your plugins,…gather feedback, and continue development.…As you continue building plugins and improving your skills,…you'll discover many tools to help you with various tasks,…like security testing, usability testing,…performance testing, debugging, and much more.…
- WordPress APIs
- Action and filter hooks
- Activating and deactivating plugins
- Plugin security
- Creating the directory and files
- Adding menus and the settings page
- Inserting custom functionality
- Testing and debugging WordPress plugins
- Creating widgets
- Managing users and roles
- Adding custom post types and taxonomies
- Working with custom fields and database queries
- Using APIs: Transients, HTTP, and REST
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 38m Intermediate
1. First Steps
2. Plugin Basics
3. Building a WordPress Plugin
4. Essential Plugin Techniques
5. Extending Plugin Functionality
6. Advanced Plugin Techniques
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.