- [Tutor] In this video course,…we've seen how to secure our WordPress powered sites…from exploits and attacks.…Out of the box, WordPress is reliable and secure,…but hackers are constantly targeting top software.…So it's more important now than ever…to understand the basics and keep your site safe…and secure for your visitors.…Fortunately, securing WordPress is straightforward…and completely doable as we've seen in this video course.…By following the steps outlined in each video,…you can add many layers of protection to your site…and increase its security even further.…
This brings us to the end of our video course…on securing WordPress sites.…As you continue your journey with WordPress,…there are many great resources available.…Some of my favorites are;…WordPress Tavern to help stay current…with community events,…Winning WordPress for roundups of resources and tips,…WordPress Mix for code snippets and tutorials,…Digging into WordPress for links and in-depth tutorials.…To learn more about WordPress security and htaccess,…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.