Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] If you've gone through this course…you should know how to build and customize…your own WooCommerce plug-in.…Now the best thing you can do is to go through the code…and start digging in.…Some things are documented very well,…but others don't have any documentation at all.…So you'll want to be curious to see how WooCommerce…does something and then emulate that.…WooCommerce is making great strides in standardizing…how it creates, reads, updates, and deletes data.…You'll want to stay on top of these changes.…
I suspect one of the first big changes will be…how WooCommerce handles orders.…They might be moving to their own custom orders table.…So if you're doing something with custom order statuses…you'll want to follow this development blog…in case they make that change.…I love chatting about WooCommerce, Shopify,…and eCommerce trends on my blog.…And I love helping new store owners get their businesses…off the ground with Lift Off Summit.…Feel free to reach out to me anytime.…Happy selling.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.