Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of WordPress: Ecommerce.
- I hope you enjoyed learning the basics of Ecommerce,…from here there are many other avenues to explore.…We talked about using Advertising as one of the ways…to get people to your site.…If you're interested in learning more about Advertising,…check out the courses here at lynda.com.…If you're interested in learning more about SEO,…I recommend watching SEO Fundamentals.…We also have a Content Marketing Fundamentals course,…this is great if you plan to create traffic…by providing compelling content.…Lastly, if you're interested in learning more about…how SSL works, there's a great course…called Understanding Secure Sockets Layer.…
Until next time, happy selling.…
To start, you need to understand the market for your product or service so you can build your website around it. So Patrick Rauland kicks off with some key questions that will help you define your audience and organize your products. He'll then help you set up a payment gateway with PayPal or Stripe, ship orders, collect taxes, and secure sensitive data. And if you weren't convinced already, Patrick reviews the benefits of WordPress ecommerce tools as well as a selection of third-party tools that integrate beautifully with WordPress. Plus, get bonus tips on marketing your new website: attracting and retaining customers and increasing the value of the average order.
- Defining your audience
- Organizing your products
- Marketing your WordPress site
- Increasing average order value
- Getting paid
- Checking out with PayPal or Stripe
- Managing and shipping orders
- Collecting tax
- Protecting sensitive data
- Using WordPress or third-party platforms for ecommerce
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Understanding Your Market
2. Marketing Your Site
3. Selling Products
4. Shipping, Orders, and Taxes
5. Securing Your Site
Protecting sensitive data2m 33s
6. Using WordPress for Ecommerce
7. Testing and Optimization
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.