Another way you can clean up the post edit screen is to only display field groups when you’re actually going to use them. The location rules allow you to do that by combining rules logically with OR and AND statements. In this video, look at making your rules for display custom fields a little more strict so they don't show up everywhere, only on posts within a specific category.
- [Narrator] The way our field group is currently set up, … it will show up on every post edit screen, … even thought we're only really using it for information … on profiles, not all posts. … That also means that if we're hiding the content editor, … it's going to do it across all posts, … even if we want to create a standard news or blog article. … Luckily, ACF allows us to control that … through powerful conditionals for displaying the fields. … Lets take a look. … We'll go to custom fields field groups, … and then we'll go to profile info. … Under location, you see the settings … that we've set up previously. … Specifically if a post type is equal to post, … display our field group. … But you'll notice that there are ways … for us to add multiple conditions. … And we can add a logical OR, or a logical AND. … The difference is that with a logical OR, … any conditional can be met for the fields to show up. … With a logical AND, every condition must be met … for the fields to show up. …
- What are custom fields?
- Creating field groups
- Adding content to fields
- Displaying fields on a child theme
- Creating and displaying repeater fields
- Creating a submission form
- Creating a Gutenberg block with PHP only
- Writing rules for field display
- Organizing fields
- Exporting field groups
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started with ACF
2. Creating Field Groups with ACF
Field types overview3m 48s
3. Displaying Your Fields
4. Working with Data in ACF
5. Creating a Gutenberg Block
6. Cleaning Up the Admin
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.