The More block can be used to truncate the post so only a certain portion is displayed in indexes and archives. It can also be used to split the post in two, displaying the content above the More block only in indexes and archives, the part below the More
- [Morton] To showcase the next feature,…I first need to publish my post.…So I'll go through my checklist,…make sure all the publishing information is correct,…check to make sure I have my categories in place.…Apply the right tags, and that I have a featured image.…When I'm happy I'll click publish,…and I get the pre-publish checklist…that I can check to make sure everything is right.…I can choose to toggle that off if I don't want it.…But I'd like to leave it on…and then finally I'll click publish.…This takes my post live, I now have a URL…directly to the post, I can view the post.…
I can copy the link to the post,…and I can also view the post by clicking over here…in this green toolbar.…This takes me to the front end of the site,…where I see my post with the featured image…and everything is okay,…and I can now also navigate to the front page of my site…which is the regular blog index…and my post appears at the very top,…because it's the latest published post.…WordPress posts are made available to the visitor…
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.