- [Instructor] Monitoring changes to your files … is a smart way to keep an eye on security. … That way you can address any suspicious changes … and take appropriate action. … In general, there are several ways to monitor … for changes on the server. … With WordPress, a super easy way to monitor file changes … is to use a free plugin called Website File Changes Monitor. … This is a newer plugin by WP White Security. … I use this plugin on several sites and it works great. … So let's return to our demo site and check it out. … We can find it by doing a quick search … from the add new plugins screen. … Here it is. … Let's go ahead and install the plugin … and then click to activate. … When first activated, … the plug in lets you know that it will be scanning … for file changes automatically at 2AM every day, … and also gives you an option to launch an instant file scan. … For now we just want to view the plugin settings, … so click on wait for scheduled scan is just fine. … So now with the plugin activated we can try it out. …
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.