Join Jeff Starr for an in-depth discussion in this video Monitor admin users, part of WordPress: Developing Secure Sites .
- [Tutor] For sites with multiple users,…it can be helpful to have a detailed record…of what they're doing in the admin area.…Being able to look at a history log of user activity,…makes it easier to correct errors and resolve issues.…In this video,…we'll see how to keep an eye on user activity…with a plugin called Activity Log,…which does a great job of logging user actions…with a simple, easy to use interface.…Let's go to the add new plugin screen and take a look.…Here it is.…Checking the details,…everything looks good.…
It's current with the latest version of WordPress,…it's recently updated,…it's popular with a lot of active installs,…and it has excellent ratings.…Reading the description,…we see that this plugin enables you…to monitor user activity.…It covers just about all of the major actions…that a user can make…while logged into the WordPress admin area.…So let's check it out and see how it works.…The Activity Log plugin already…is installed on this demo site,…so let's go ahead and activate.…
And then we can get started…
- Backing up and restoring your site
- Setting up strong passwords
- Understanding users and roles
- Choosing trusted plugins and themes
- Changing and recovering passwords
- Configuring authentication keys
- Securing the login page
- Fighting spam in the comments
- Blocking access and detecting hacks
- Building a firewall for WordPress
- Detecting and blocking bots
- Auditing your WordPress security
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Security Essentials
3. Hardening WordPress
4. Improving Security with Plugins
5. Advanced Tips and Tricks
6. Applying Best Practices
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.