- [Instructor] Contained within the Block Editor … is a larger idea of a future … where WordPress is a block manager … and everything inside WordPress becomes a block. … We see the very beginnings of this move … in the layout blocks. … This is an area where I expect … we'll see a lot more development, … both from WordPress core and from plugins. … So what I'm about to show you here only scratches … the surface of what is possible … and gives you a handle on what layout blocks can do … so you're ready for when more … of these blocks become available. … Let's say I want to create a layout where I have … an image on the left-hand side … and some controlled text on the right-hand side … and I want to make the content span more … than the width of the available space … and maybe also add a background color to all of it. … That means I can't just add an image … and then float it to the left or right … or align it left or right, … because that simply won't do what I want it to do. … This is where the layout blocks come in. …
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.