- [Narrator] In addition to Posts, Pages, and Comments,…we also have a Media section within the WordPress Admin.…This Media section handles all files uploaded…into WordPress, either on their own, or into posts…or pages, or into the header, or somewhere else.…All these items are contained within the Media Library grid,…where you can see a quick preview of every single item.…This is displayed quite differently from Posts and Pages,…because generally speaking, the media library…will contain images uploaded to the site.…They don't have to be images, though.…
WordPress supports a wide range of different media types,…including document formats, like PDF,…video files, audio files, and so on.…They will all fall into the Media Library.…Normally, you will see media items in this grid view,…but if you want the traditional list view,…you can change it over here in the toolbar…and you get a standard list view,…just like your Posts, and Pages, and Comments,…where you can easily see information…about each of these media items.…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.