Creating a Multisite network requires 3 steps, we'll name our site and add another code change to complete the first two steps of the process.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Now that we have everything…prepped to convert our Wordpress install…to a multi-site network, from the Admin section…of your site, let's go to Tools and click on…that new Network Setup option that we…just configured in the last movie.…After enabling the Network Setup menu,…the multi-site install takes three steps.…We'll do the first two in this movie.…The first is very straightforward,…we'll give our network a name.…I'll call mine Student Sites, and verify…my Admin email address.…
It's really important that you enter…a real email address here that you and only you…have access to, since this is going to be…the address of the administrator for your entire network.…Then, click the Install button.…The screen should refresh, and we're presented…with the Enabling This Network page.…The next step is to add some more code…to that wp-config.php file…that we edited in the last movie.…Instead of trying to type this,…select the code in the first box and copy it.…
Leave this tab open in your browser,…and go back to the tab with your dashboard.…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.