Learn how to add users to specific sites on your network and assign them roles.
- [Voiceover] Now that you know how to add…users to your network,…let's look at a few ways to manage them…on a network-wide basis.…From the All Users page,…you can see a list of the users who have accounts…on your network.…From the Edit link,…under the users name,…you're taken to the standard WordPress user account…information page that you're already familiar with.…If we go back,…you can also see the users email address,…and the site, or sites,…that they've been added to.…This user has an account on my network,…but is not associated with any of my classes.…
To do this,…we can go to the All Sites page,…and then click the edit link for the site…that we want to add them to.…The second tab here shows a list of all of the users…associated with this site.…At the bottom,…are Add Existing,…and Add New User forms.…Since Walter already has an account on the network,…I can enter his username into the Add Existing User form,…make sure his role is set to subscriber,…and click Add User.…This page also provides a quick way for you to upgrade…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.