When new WordPress sites are added to your network a welcome message is automatically sent to the site administrator, learn how to customize this message.
- [Voiceover] As the network administrator…for your multisite network you have control over…many of the initial settings for your new sites.…When we added the new ENV100 site in a previous movie…WordPress took care of a bunch of work for us.…First it checked to see if the e-mail address that we set…for the site already had an account on our network,…and if not, it created a user account,…and generated a random password for that account.…Since I used the same e-mail address that I used…in my network admin account,…it skipped over the user creation step.…
Next it automatically sent an e-mail to the site admin…to let them know that the site was created…and how to access it.…Here's the e-mail that was sent to me.…If we go back to our network settings page…and scroll down to the new site section…we can see and edit the welcome e-mail.…Multisite uses a form of markup where certain keywords…or variables typed in all caps will be replaced…with information out of the database.…The ones used in the welcome e-mail…are fairly self-evident.…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.