Get an overview of the Multisite Network Administrator Pages and learn how to make setting changes that effect your entire network of sites.
- [Voiceover] Managing a Multisite network…is very similar to managing your own WordPress site,…except that you'll be able to make changes…that affect multiple sites from one location.…The user experience of working in the…network administration pages is nearly identical…to that of the WordPress admin pages…that you're already familiar with.…Let's begin from the WordPress admin page…for your course's site, and go to the My Sites menu…at the top of your browser.…Then, select Network Admin.…
This menu option only appears if you're logged in…as the network administrator.…Much like a regular WordPress site,…this will take you to the dashboard for your network.…The network admin site is arranged…with a left sidebar containing all the…customizations and settings for your network.…At the top right of most pages,…you can access the help manual for that page…and many pages also offer a screen options button…to set your own preferences for the page that you're on.…Screen options is an easily forgotten collection of tools.…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.