Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing inventory and listings across platforms, part of WordPress Ecommerce.
- One of the complexities when it comes to eCommerce…is the ability to sync inventory and product data…between different systems.…You're probably selling products on your eCommerce site…and you may want to sell on Amazon, eBay,…or a number of other marketplaces.…Having your own site lets you control your brand.…It lets you organize your products how you like,…and most importantly,…it gives you full access to your customers.…When you sell on a marketplace like Amazon,…they aren't really your customers.…You rarely get access to their email addresses,…so you can't follow-up to get product feedback…or announce a sale.…
On the flipside,…if you aren't on Amazon,…you're missing out on a massive audience.…If you can put your products on your own site…and on marketplaces like Amazon,…you can get the best of both worlds.…The only thing you have to manage…is the inventory and product data.…There are now services that automate all of this for you.…By paying a monthly fee,…they can do all of the grunt work syncing the data.…
To start, you need to understand the market for your product or service so you can build your website around it. So Patrick Rauland kicks off with some key questions that will help you define your audience and organize your products. He'll then help you set up a payment gateway with PayPal or Stripe, ship orders, collect taxes, and secure sensitive data. And if you weren't convinced already, Patrick reviews the benefits of WordPress ecommerce tools as well as a selection of third-party tools that integrate beautifully with WordPress. Plus, get bonus tips on marketing your new website: attracting and retaining customers and increasing the value of the average order.
- Defining your audience
- Organizing your products
- Marketing your WordPress site
- Increasing average order value
- Getting paid
- Checking out with PayPal or Stripe
- Managing and shipping orders
- Collecting tax
- Protecting sensitive data
- Using WordPress or third-party platforms for ecommerce